Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Easter 2019

My mom came over on Easter morning for breakfast and an egg hunt.
Perry went first and actually ended up finding some of the harder eggs I hid for his brothers.
We took a quick picture at church in their new shirts since I knew we would change quickly at home.
I even bought one for John, which he obliged me with wearing on Easter to match, but will really only wear to work in the future. (Unless Jonah or Perry convince him to do it again because they love matching.)
A friend took our picture in the parking lot as we headed out and we called it "good enough," which is our new family motto.
We changed and grabbed the food we'd prepped in the morning and headed up to Livermore.
We had a big dinner with Katie and Ryan and their kids, then the kids all had an egg hunt.
Silly kiddos.
The eggs I bought came in 6 colors, so I packed identical treats inside and everyone found only their assigned color.
It worked out great because there weren't a ton of eggs per person, but it still took a while to find their exact ones. Plus we hid the littler ones easier than the bigger kids and they got the same things so they were excited for each other.
Katie gave them each a Kinder egg from England and the boys loved opening them. I think the highlight was the one dollar bill they each got, though. We could probably skip candy next year and just do quarters, except for Perry who couldn't care less about money and loves sugar.
Before we knew it we had to head home to get the kids to bed for school the next day. The boys were heartbroken about not getting to play longer and I realized we should've just come up earlier and gone to church together. Good to remember for next time.
It was a beautiful Sunday spent at church and with family. I'd like to put more effort in the week preceding Easter so the boys understand better what we're celebrating, but we did our best and that's good enough for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment