Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2019

April

Perry enjoying leftover "wufflepuffs" that we took on our road trip.
Perry didn't want to wear a jacket, as usual, so Scott offered to wear his Buzz Lightyear one and match him.
Perry was afraid to go in his room to get dressed because monsters might eat him.
Waiting at the doctor's office and he opened a safari window on the ipad, but there was no internet. I wasn't sure what he was still doing, but there's a simple dinosaur jumping game on there that he was playing.
Perry is learning valuable big brother skills.
Everyone wanted a turn, which I'm anticipating will also be the case with a real baby.
Perry wanted the baby tied to him.
I may need to get him a mini baby carrier.
Sometimes he's still a baby himself, like when he sleeps in late and wants to rest on the walk to school.
"You know what this one rock is? ...Mine!"
Jonah found his favorite animal on the way to school--a roly poly.
Perry's "take picture of me on this rock," gq style.
We were looking for something at the grocery store and Perry put on his glasses to help him find it.
Scott ready to run home at his baseball game.
"Where'd me go?"
Perry brought me a "mac a noonoo" box and since he'd already opened it, I had to make it for him. He's a clever one.
Scott earned enough good reaction checks for a surprise and Jonah had 125 minutes for good listening, so they finally got to watch A New Hope for movie night. They loved it.
Jonah the cutest little catcher. He actually pays attention and tries to stop the ball, so he's one of the better catchers I've seen. He prefers it to out-fielding, which he complains is "just standing in the grass."
Perry trying to stack a basket on a crate on a chair to reach the top cabinet. When I hear a chair being scooted, I have to go check on him.
We finally made it back to Happy Hollow. It's a lot of walking for me, but I really wanted to use our passes.
I didn't want to ride the carousel, but Perry needed an attendant. Thankfully he wanted to sit on the bench, which was a little easier.
The swings reopened and he's tall enough now, so he was excited to go on them.
I cleared off the bookcases so I could sell them and Perry cleaned them up for me.
He also made his own pizza. Which just means used a bunch of baking utensils to play with it while he ate.
I tried to exercise while the boys were at their gymnastics class, since Perry is old enough now to be left unsupervised. I can't do anything standing, so I tried a spin bike just for 10 minutes. It really helped my lower back, but I felt sick afterwards for hours, so it wasn't worth it. I think it's anything that raises my blood pressure. I'm 26 weeks here, so only 12 more to go, and I'm actually looking forward to working out again.
Sweet little guy tripped running to the car after school pickup. I'm guessing he landed on a sidewalk crack because there's a line right through his scrape.
Sometimes it's hard to have to miss out on so many things, especially family activities. It's nice to sit and enjoy watching them play and have fun together, though.
Perry cutting his own grapes. When they can wash and cut their own grapes, they get them more often.
John took the boys camping overnight and I had an evening to myself. I went to dinner and got a pedicure and went to bed early. It was great.
The boys had a blast and want to go camping all the time. It's one family activity I don't mind missing, especially this year because it was raining.
When Perry's bored at baseball games, we get him an empty bag from the snack shack. He returns it full of trash for a treat. He usually picks a lollipop, but this time he chose a sno-cone.
Jonah at his kindergarten family picnic. We were late because I had volunteered in the morning and had to go pick up Perry first, but it meant we got to sit in the shade on the teacher's blanket.
I told Jonah I'd bring him whatever he wanted for lunch and he picked grapes.
After the picnic Perry and I waited for school to get out since it was an early day and I didn't want to make a 4th trip home and back. It ended up getting pretty warm and we found the popsicle guy on the corner while walking to the van.
Scott and Jonah picked lime, Perry chose rainbow. It made me feel better about our unspecial pbj lunch.
I also let them watch a show when we got home because I had a migraine starting and wanted a nap. Apparently Perry did, too.
Scott went with John to Intuitive for their take your kids to work day. The kids had lots of fun activities, separate from the parents, then lunch together. He wasn't sure about going at first, I think because he doesn't like missing school, but he changed his mind and ended up loving it.
Our dishwasher broke again and John ordered a new part. Handwashing one day of dishes for our family takes over all the counter space. I tried to keep up throughout the day after this because it was ridiculous, but I can't always be on my feet longer than necessary, so it's up to John to catch us up at night.
Perry conquering the big rock.
Jonah was invited to a classmate's Roblox birthday party and there weren't any toys like that at Target, so he picked out a cool Lego car that he actually wanted for himself at Legoland. I love the card he wrote him.
I also bought him an Aladdin shirt while we were out together because he loved the musical so much. And the style reminded me of when I was his age and loved Aladdin.
Perry doing bubbles during a baseball game. He's a more physical child and is very attached to me lately. I love when he just rests his hand on me for no reason, or gives me a hug or kiss or snuggle unprompted. 
John fixing the dishwasher again. New things keep shorting out and it's been on the fritz for a while. We decided to get a new one, but he fixed this one again so we could eek out a few more days before the replacement came. It was perfect timing because it was done working altogether by the end of the week.
Perry was falling asleep in the car, so I passed him my phone. He couldn't unlock anything, so I had lots of pictures of his head and the sky through the glass roof.
Anything to keep him awake in the afternoon so he'll sleep at bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment