Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

September II

It cooled off slightly, so we tried out long pants in the next sizes. Jonah's shorter than Scott was at 3, so I cuffed his jeans and he's the cutest!
 Always in Perry's face, for better or worse.
 Crashed.
We went to our annual Cardinals game with John's birthday tickets. It was our first longer date without Perry and we had a blast.
John dressed this angel baby and he was killing me all day with his cuteness.
I took Jonah in for a sleep study. He found 275! He seemed hesitant, but excited for something new.
I gave him a birthday present that I kept aside to entertain him until they were ready.
It was a nightmare. He sat perfectly still while they put everything on, until the nose cannula, then he freaked out. I tried everything and eventually had to threaten to leave him if he didn't stop screaming. It was awful and I felt so guilty because he was scared and uncomfortable, but it worked and he calmed down. Then he woke up every hour or two crying and asking to "get outta here" until 530am when the study ended. 
Thankfully they didn't find anything major that needed to be fixed and hopefully we don't have to go back. I'm beyond grateful our kids have been so healthy because this opened my eyes to the reality of little kids in the hospital and Jonah wasn't even in pain and it was only one night.
Naturally we got pirate day donuts. The glazed ones were free, but I pretty much let Jonah do whatever he wanted that day. The bandana covered the blobs of glue left in his hair.
The stickiness is still on his forehead. It took a couple baths to all wash off. He was excited to find pickles in his sandwich.
Found himself in a different pickle.
Mitchell's feet were dirty from playing barefooted in the backyard, so Jonah got a baby wipe and spent several minutes cleaning them. "These feet are soooo dirty, Mitchell. I hafta wipey them. There, now that one is clean. Ucht. Your feet is soooo dirty. Now I hafta do the other one."
Jonah ran to me and said, "I saw Perry's eyes are open! Our baby is awake!" He was so excited to have someone to play with.
"Perrypoozle! Where's your Jonah Bear? Here I am!"
Jonah climbed on my lap in the rocking chair. I told him he looked tired and asked if he wanted to go rest in his bed. He said I'm not tired. I asked if he just wanted to snuggle and he didn't answer. I looked down and he had fallen asleep. I'm not supposed to let him nap so his sleep is more consistent, but made an exception since he obviously needed it.
Such a happy boy. He's practicing his oohs.
Followed by a Jonah tackle hug, as always.
Technology addict already.
We went to Nora's first birthday party, which was fun and delicious.
Jonah and Perry slept on the drive to Amanda's new house after the party. Scott just rested with his sunglasses on.
Jonah was so sad to leave Amanda. Scott cried because they wanted to feed her kitty and she was hiding. Smart cat.
I watched the RS conference broadcast and Perry craned his neck backwards to see the tv. We actually try not to let him ever watch screens, but it's hard because he loves it.
Trying to get his pacifier, but he kept scooting backwards.
New shirts! We went to the bathroom after checking out and Scott asked if they could put them on.
Driving home we saw a huge smoke cloud. There was a fire in the mountains for several days and the air was smokey.
Scott asked if they could have a "nice, cold pear" when we got home.
Scott and Jonah will both color and draw for extended periods of time. If Perry sees them, he'll happily bounce along and I can get something done or have a break.
Scott all dressed for picture day at preschool.
Perry has figured out how to pull hair. Jonah still puts his head in Perry's reach, so it happens a lot.
Bouncing little candy cane.
Getting better at holding his own bottle.
I told the pediatrician that Perry wasn't rolling over, then the next day he rolled stomach to back a few times.
Jonah and I picked up some Halloween window decorations while Scott was at preschool. He was excited to get a surprise from his brother and quickly put it up.
Perry tried some new flavors of baby food. He had carrots first and he likes them okay. He didn't care much for other vegetables, but loves fruit and yogurt.
Buzzes working on their preschool project.
With extra kids over, the bigger the train track the better.
Snuggling a sleeping baby. I actually took this to show John my glasses, but I seldom take pictures with the kids, so now I'm glad I have it.
Perry bumming a ride on the swings.
A simple remote control car from a neighbor. The boys loved it.
Another fun position we found Jonah in.
It's a new arrangement almost every night!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Jonah! I'd be happy if that's the last time he has medical stuff glued to his head. And I'll say it again, your boys could be models. They've got the poses down!

    ReplyDelete