Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Jonah Time

Poor Jonah caught Scott's cold. The boys have both been really healthy until this year. They each had a fever in January and February (Jonah's with a seizure both times) and then colds in March.
 Scott was up coughing at night a few times the week before, but otherwise seemed normal and was healthy again by the weekend. Jonah was up fussing most of the night Saturday, so Sunday he and I stayed home from church to contain the germs and get some rest.
 I drove him around the neighborhood to fall asleep because I didn't want him crying and getting worse. He slept about 30 minutes, then we had 3 more hours to kill while Scott and John were at church.
 Jonah played some piano, swept the floors, then needed a little rest.
 He had another tiny nap and woke up while I was making tortillas. He helped me finish and stole lots of bites. Both boys love straight flour. 
 He kept asking for 'Cott and Daddy, but it was nice to spend time with just Jonah. 
 I was trying to finish dinner and with lack of sleep the constant whining was really getting to me, so I let Jonah play "choo-choo" (what he calls the ipad mini because they have a Duplo train game on there). It backfired because he couldn't do much on his own and got more upset. Finally, Scott came home and took over.
 It was a good reminder of how helpful Scott is and how much Jonah loves having a brother around.
 I think it's easier having two little kids because they entertain each other.
I love my three crazy boys.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like some one-to-one time with such a cutie! And John is such a good sport. It'll be a sad day when the boys outgrow his shoulders.

    ReplyDelete