Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Scott turns 3

The day before Scott's birthday, three packages arrived for him.

He opened the one from my aunt with wrapped gifts. My grandpa sent a card with a Cars coloring sheet that he went right to work on.

During Jonah's nap, I wrapped the gifts from the Amazon package and made a plane with Scott.

Luckily he knew how to refuel, because it racked up quite a few miles.

Of course, Jonah needed his own plane.

On Scott's birthday, I let him open a gift in the  morning that I knew was a puzzle.

I asked what was on the puzzle, thinking he'd say Toy Story (he's seen each movie once) and he said, "Ham, Alien, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Rex and Slinky!"Then he put the puzzle together in that order.

For lunch he wanted macaroni and cheese. "We need one water, two butters and one milk."

Cheese and dipping food are two of Scott's favorite things, so we went to Trader Joe's to get ingredients for fondue for dinner. He wanted to hold the apple and I told him he couldn't eat it because it was for dinner.

When we started cooking, he cried when I went to cut the apple and asks me, "may I have bite my apple now, please?" How could I say no to such a polite request from a birthday boy for an apple? So, he had a few bites that I cut around for the rest of us. It reminded me of Ramona Quimby.

After dinner, he opened the rest of his gifts.

Jonah was helping and Scott didn't mind sharing.

Jonah gave Scott a toy blender and he made us all smoothies.

John and I bought him a scooter. He opened other books and games, which we put aside for future days.

My mom watched Jonah while we took Scott out for his free birthday scoop of ice cream at Baskin Robbins. We thought it'd be nice for him to go out alone with us, but he asked about Jonah and ended up not finishing and giving him the rest of his ice cream when we got home.

After he finished the Toy Story puzzle, he asked to open another present and I gave him the Nemo one. He opened it and said, "Mommy, I found it! Nother puzzle!" Here he is with his completed puzzles from the day.

On Saturday, we went to Sweet Tomatoes with family for lunch.

Scott picked all his favorite foods from the salad buffet.

Jonah liked his mini ice cream.

Scott opened presents. My dad couldn't make it, but my mom, sister, John's parents and sister's family all came.

Such serious faces. He really loved this puzzle Amanda had made, but he was not smiley in front of everyone. I think he prefers to not be the center of attention.

He does prefer ice cream sundaes, though.

Scott asked for a Planes party, so he wore his Dusty jams and Amanda and I made planes cookies.

Overall I think it was a success!

Stretching his birthday out over several days was perfect for Scott at this age. He didn't get overwhelmed, but had some extra excitement each day.

1 comment: