Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Brotherly Love III

These two have begun conspiring against me. They are a great team--Jonah comes up with the ideas and Scott executes. Jonah gets into things and is excused because he's just exploring his world, and Scott knows better but loves to help.
Jonah follows Scott around like a puppy. The image is reinforced when Scott opens and closes his hand behind him and says, "'Um on, Nonah."
 Scott can reach things like door handles and counter tops. I came in and asked why Jonah had the cheerios all over the floor and Scott (across the room sitting innocently in his chair) says, "Nonah hungry." And I'm sure the baby climbed the counter to get himself breakfast.
When they get into something like the piano, though, I just love it. When Scott gets too rough with Jonah I put Scott in his room so they can play separately for a while, but then Jonah will cry because he's lonely.
Kicking footsy in the stroller. I thought Scott was just kicking the baby for a long time, but one day I watched through the mesh pocket at the top of the stroller and Jonah is actually the instigator. Scott has longer, stronger legs and was getting in trouble whenever Jonah started to cry. I told Scott to stop kicking and he did, then a minute later Jonah sticks his foot over and starts jabbing his brother again.
I've put Scott to work feeding Jonah when I need them both occupied, usually while I'm cooking.
Jonah prefers to eat finger foods, so sometimes he'll stop accepting spoonfuls while he feeds himself a handful. Scott takes the opportunity to feed himself.
I gave the last of the raspberries to Scott, then realized Jonah could eat them, so I took a few back and Jonah scarfed them right up.
Scott was not impressed. He does not like anyone taking food from his tray, especially when we give it to the baby.
I'm surprised by how quickly these boys have bonded as brothers. They're already making my job easier and harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment