Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Commencement

We went to Sacramento so I could go to National's commencement. I finished my classes the month before I had Scott and wrote my thesis before Jonah was born, so it seemed anticlimactic to walk after so much time. But John and I decided that if we had to pay the graduation fee anyway we should go and make a weekend trip out of it.
 I used his cap and gown, but bought my own English hood and '14 tassel.
I didn't know any other students since I took my classes online, but it still felt great to walk in to Pomp and Circumstance with everyone. It was definitely worth going.
We never really celebrated when I finished, since it was such an on-going process, so it was nice to set aside those two hours and just feel the relief and accomplishment.
My mom and John were a little busier in the back. I asked John what this picture was: Scott wiped his runny nose with his finger and drew on the floor with it. Super classy. Especially John taking a picture instead of stopping him.
John was a huge distraction when I was taking classes at San Jose State while we were dating, but after getting married he really pulled a lot of extra weight so I could focus on finishing. It was a lot of work and I'm grateful to him for supporting me through it all.
We're both excited about being 100% done with school. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so proud and happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations! I'm glad you went and walked. I like that last pic of you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! I'm glad you didn't wait as long as your mom & I did to finish...but hey, we finished! (I was 40 when I finally graduated!) Kudos! "relieved & accomplished" - perfect words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm impressed with all your hard work. I'm glad you went to the graduation and had a chance to revel in your accomplishment. The family picture at the end of the post is priceless!

    ReplyDelete