Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Most Embarrassing Moment Story

I made brownies today because I wanted them and I'm a grown-up, so I can. My brownies always remind me of this story. It really isn't that embarrassing for me because I think it's hilarious.
My second semester of college I was placed in a house with three really cool girls. The kind who do their make-up even when they're running late. I did not belong with them at all, being someone who had never used a hair dryer, but they were incredibly kind, always included me and I loved living with them.
Anyway, the next semester they moved off-campus and were having a get-together for watching an awards show together (Which a google search informed me was the Emmys, since it was in the fall--I'm not cool enough to watch awards shows.) My roommate texted me. For the purposes of the story, we'll call her Ashley. 
Ashley: We're having an Emmys party tomorrow at 7. You should come. (Not exact words. She uses phrases like "I miss your face" that just sound ridiculous when I try to use them)
Me: That sounds fun. I want to go to a fireside at 7, but will come after. I'm at the store right now. What can I bring? Brownies?
Ashley: Sounds good. And maybe some peeps.
Me: You got it. See you tomorrow.
I'm not sure what they're using the peeps for, so I go ahead and get both orange and white ones.
I drop off the treats on my way to the fireside. Afterwards, I head back to their house. I check out the spread in the kitchen (these girls throw a mean get-together). The brownies were a hit, but the peeps are still on the counter untouched. Another roommate comes in and I ask her
Me: What are you guys planning with the peeps?
Her: Oh . . . we thought you brought those.
Me: I did, but Ashley asked me to.
Her: Really? She wasn't sure what they were for either . . .
I call out: Ashley, didn't you ask me to bring peep----ohmygosh.


These days, I stick to just bringing brownies.

4 squares baking chocolate
1 1/2 sticks butter
--melt together--
stir in:
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 tsp. baking powder 
1 tsp. vanilla
bake at 350* until done (about 25 min).

4 comments:

  1. HAHA!! That's pretty funny. You should always bring peeps to a party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh today, I needed it! And I really DO miss your face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Re-Becky, I'm not sue THOSE Peeps were invited, but I'm having a good laugh right now because of them. :)

    ReplyDelete