Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Uvas Canyon

We just can't get enough hiking, apparently, so we tagged along with Karen and Alan to Morgan Hill today.
It was nice and cool--just the way I like it!
Naturally we included a little geocaching. (I found one! Go me!)
Alan found this "ammo box." Then I found another little medicine bottle hidden in "poo rocks." That was the hint. Very successful searches overall.
Karen found this cool tree.
And I considered starting a style blog so I can feature outfits like this:
The first one we found had the "10 Commandments of Geocaching:"
Thou shalt have no other hobbies before geocaching
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven avatar
Thou shalt not take the name of Dave Ulmer in vain (the father of geocaching. I looked it up)
Remember the caching day to keep it holy
Honor thy coordinates and thy waypoints
Thou shalt not kill the joy of other geocachers
Thou shalt not commit geocide
Thou shalt not steal a cache
Thou shalt not bear false witness in thy neighbor's cache logs
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's GPS.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, those 10 commandments are pretty funny. Someone got very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really "rocked" that stylish hiking outfit you were wearing. How many more of these training hikes do you think we will need to be ready for Half Dome? And more to the point, are there geocaches on Half Dome?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the hike. You got some good photos. That was fun that you included the 10 commandments of geocaching.

    ReplyDelete