Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

President's Day

We had a busy day involving lots of chores for John and homework for me. John also whipped up a carrot cake and loaf of bread to take to dinner with his dad. Alan grilled veggies and chicken and roasted Yukon Gold potatoes. Every single bite was delicious.
We usually buy 10 lb. bags of carrots, but it's only one dollar more for a 25 lb. bag. So this time we went big and brought half of it over to Karen and Alan's. The result? Fresh-squeezed carrot juice. It was a lovely evening and the only thing missing was Karen.

4 comments:

  1. That does all sound really good. We go through carrots fast, too. They are Lucas's favorite. I didn't know my parent's had a juicer, though. I might have to try some fresh carrot juice sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sad to miss such a delicious meal, but I was even sadder when I heard about the carrot cake. I haven't had carrot cake in forever! Will you make another one when I get back to San Jose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely. We definitely have enough carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming to dinner. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete