Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Disneyland in October

My mom bought us discount tickets to Disneyland, so we drove down for the weekend.
Karen gave two of the boys these Star Wars tees and I found a third one so they could match at the park. We loved the Halloween decorations.
Jonah was so excited to be 4 and able to train as a Jedi, so we signed him up first thing. Scott didn't want to do it again so that he could watch Jonah.
He was so great! He was so little compared to the other kids and got some extra attention during the show.
The actor said they would be facing their greatest fears and they didn't know what would be coming out of the temple, but it would probably be bigger than them--although for Jonah that could mean an ewok.
He took his job very seriously.
He followed directions and defeated the dark side.
Perry was captivated.
This was a big trip for Jonah because he also reached 40" and could go on most of the big kid rides. He liked Space Tours for the movie, but his favorite was Splash Mountain. He LOVED the big drop at the end. Luckily it was 80* at night so being soaking wet walking back to the shuttle wasn't a big deal.
The next morning we went to California Adventure bright and early to get Cars fast passes. We met Lightning McQueen in his Halloween costume.
And rode on some short rides, like the carousel, to counter the longer lines like Toy Story Mania.
I actually get slightly motion sick on these, but I love how magical they look.
Another excitement this trip was for Perry--we had been so focused on Jonah getting taller that Perry hit 30 inches without us even noticing. We were glad he could enjoy more rides and we spent less time switching off or having one of us skip them. It was nice to ride them together.
He delighted us with some sweet dance moves while waiting in line for the other Cars rides.
And we found another Halloween car.
Scott and Jonah showing the photographer the force.
Perry played peek a boo in the store while we waited for the big boys on the Cars Racers.
And we met Mater in his costume.
The Mickey house line is so fun.
Meeting Mickey. I think Perry developed more of a love for him here.
Taking the "Moanarail."
Scott waiting his turn for Toy Story.
Ready to battle. Just need to note the record that I had the high score of the hour. One day we'll have annual passes and I'll master these.
Day of the dead car. 
Cutie Mickey boys on a ride with me.
Ready for Cars! Jonah was stoked and talked about winning the race, the scary parts, and jokes Mater said for hours after.
Meanwhile I took Perry on the Luigi ride. We found the tire pumpkins in line.
Brave little Jonah waiting for the Guardians of the Galaxy ride with me. After Splash Mountain I thought he'd like the free fall, but he rode with John and seemed in shock. When I said I was going, though, he came on a second time with me. He death gripped my hand while giggling the whole time. 
The highlight of the trip for Perry was the bubbles. Everywhere we went he danced with the bubbles.
After a busy, fun weekend we drove home after dinner and the boys crashed hard.
We still have 1 day left on our tickets from our trip with Britta, so it was easier to leave knowing we'll be back soon. We've had more than our share of Disneyland this year, but we never seem to get enough.

3 comments:

  1. I've only been to Disneyland a couple of times, but my favorite time was when our boys were close in age to your boys now and it was in October. It is frustrating when the youngest can't do what the oldest does, but I think this is a fun age to go. I love their matching shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they had a Guardians of the Galaxy ride! My record for Disney park visits was 3 in one year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes they converted the Tower of Terror ride! It opened recently, it was being worked on in May. I went 5 times the year I had an annual pass, but I think they were all one-day trips.

    ReplyDelete