Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Preschool

Scott's preschool redid their whole program this year. I was stressed all summer about if they would get in and what it would be like with all the changes. The only affordable options for us didn't have classes for both boys on the same days and weren't as close to us. Plus even "affordable" is thousands of dollars. Thankfully, it ended up working out at the elementary school. They have a new teacher and different schedules, which is a pain, but overall it's been great.
Their first day. Scott goes in the morning and has 15 kids in his class. He went right in with Miss Samantha and had no tears this year.
Jonah could not wait until the afternoon when he could go to school like Scott. The 3-year-olds only have 8 kids in class and some of them are so tiny! He waved goodbye and confidently walked in like a big boy.
It's inconvenient to have to get babysitting every week so I can volunteer in their classes, but I love being there. Jonah has thrived having his own thing. He loves going and calls all the kids his friends.
Scott is still hesitant and his teacher's style doesn't match his personality very well. He seems to like going, though, and excitedly tells me everything they did each day. They do cooking every Thursday, which is usually my task. I like working with the kids, especially when someone else has done all the planning and prep.
I like being able to see what they do so I understand what they're talking about and know how to help them at home. So far it's been a good choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment