Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

April I

Katie brought the kids down to visit and John entertained everyone with his awesome reading voices.
Jonah shoved the pasta in two handed and did not stop until his cheeks were loaded. It's also cold, because he wouldn't stop screaming for "noo-noos," so rather than listen to him while I heated it up, I just dumped it on his tray.
My Aunt Wendy sent Scott a color-your-own Hungry Caterpillar book that Scott loves.
First he had to write his name inside. The S and c are hard for him, but he's got the t's down and the o (it's the huge circle). Not bad for a first try.
Scott has so many books memorized now that he "reads" to Jonah when I'm not free. This time Jonah requested the "Pippo book."
"More, peas."
My mom took Scott for a sleepover and Jonah was so bored he started mopping the carpet. We both missed Scott.
Halfway through our walk the boys wanted out of the wagon and I don't like pulling/pushing/carrying things that they asked to use on our walks, so I sat in it and Scott pulled while Jonah pushed. An arrangement I could get accustomed to.
Jonah found a tunnel!
Scott told Jonah he couldn't play on the fireplace because it's not safe. It can be handy having toddlers police each other. Jonah says "no monkeys" when Scott jumps on the furniture. My job is practically done.
Loading his airplane up with car passengers. He also puts the cookies in the boat. He likes containing things like that, the way Scott liked lining them all up.
Scott got a train "tunnel" for birthday. I tried to tell them it was a bridge, but they both insist it's a tunnel and it's hard to get the track to work under there. I think we need more plain track pieces.
Scott reading their Crapo family book. Jonah likes the grandparent page and exclaims, "Bampa! Bamma!" when he sees their picture.
Jonah taking a little rest while Scott plays with the trains.
The boys kept saying to infinity and beyond! Jonah was flying out of his seat a little.
We had our first family movie night and started while the boys ate dinner so we could finish by bedtime.
I used my free pizza birthday coupon during lunch one day. I got a mini pizza for the boys to eat, but they just drove their cars the whole time. I ate in peace and wish I could go there every day for lunch.
My mom and sister babysat on my birthday and John took me on a fun day date. We went to the movies and had fondue,
went bowling,
and shopping.
(We bought the dress. Not the Tesla. Sorry, John. Maybe for your birthday.)
The next day my friend Stacey had us over for dinner and cake. So John didn't make my cake until later and we had a very cakeful week. This was his best princess cake yet.
I love waking up to smiley boys.
Jonah is into hugs. He'll say "hugs" and go hug whatever's closest. Sometimes me, sometimes Scott, sometimes a tree or pole.
We babysat Lulu one day and she loved the trains. The electric one is always a big hit.
Scott ate this whole waffle for breakfast. He's a cream and berry junkie.
Another Lulu playdate. Another train track. This time I worked in all the pieces. I felt so accomplished.
Poor Lulu getting lots of Jonah hugs.

Jonah waiting at the door for Daddy.
We drove out to someone's house and Scott was saying, "Look, Jonah! It's a farm!" Sure enough, there was a field with some horses on the other side of the hill. I pulled over so we could watch them for a while. City boys.
 We went on the carousel lots of times at Happy Hollow while we waited for Karen and Katie to arrive. I was getting so dizzy, but the boys loved it!
Jonah was up screaming one night and we couldn't get him to stop. After trying everything for a few hours, John finally took him for a drive and he started to fall asleep, but woke up puking. It was a long night and by morning, the poor kid crashed. I think I washed all the blankets.
 When I took a nap that afternoon, Scott asked for one, too. Jonah had kept him up at night as well. I'm just glad Scott didn't get sick.
When I told some friends it was our first experience with a kid throwing up, they were amazed we'd made it so long. I'm grateful we've been so healthy overall because having sick babies is the worst! 

No comments:

Post a Comment