Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Dad Time

I finally started my capstone class that I've been putting off since Scott was born. He's consequently had a lot of dad time lately. He's turning into a mini-John.
Reading the paper with breakfast
 I bought them a kid bike seat and they've enjoyed several rides together.
 John was making carrot cake for Mother's Day and Scott wanted to watch. I gave him his pan to play with and he put the peeled carrots in it and started stirring with one of them.
John didn't heat up Scott's food fast enough, so he took the goldfish from his diaper bag and snacked on them while he waited.
 Karen, Alan and Joseph found an apartment, so we were helping them get packed up one night. Scott found the salt shaker. He definitely gets his salt love from his father.
 Other than General Conference, Disneyland and one Saturday where he had to go into work all day, John's been chipping away at the play room on the weekends. Literally chipping. This cement slab is gone now so we can put up the drywall on that side.
Scott mimics John with his own tools.
 I'm not sure John is that smiley while he works, though.
Maybe if he had his own cute work bench . . . 

4 comments:

  1. What a great smile in that last picture! I love his face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little mini-John. He looks so much like his daddy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an adorable work bench Scott has. I love all the different expressions on Scott's face. He's such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS--I wondered why I was having a hard time getting the salt out of that salt shaker...

    ReplyDelete