Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

California Adventure

John asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday and I asked him what my options were. He replied anything I wanted and I said Disneyland. So we packed up the car and drove down after John came home from work.
 Scott babbled to himself, napped, and snacked the whole drive. He slept well in the hotel and was an angel all day. I'm not even bragging, I'm truthfully reporting his perfect behavior.
 We checked out the new Radiator Springs, which was cool. The Cars racing ride was unexpectedly fun.
 Scott does not love his Mickey ears. He does love reaching his hand out to touch things.
 When I saw Mickey out with only a few people waiting I wanted a family picture, so we stood in line for one.
 Scott found a young lady to flirt with. He makes friends very easily.
 He was unsure of Mickey until he let Scott touch his nose. You can see him grabbing Mickey's mouth in the picture. He's very into faces lately.
 After lots of rides we had a Ghirardelli sundae. They replaced the Mission tortilla factory, which was sad, but if they had to take it out at least they put ice cream in its place.
 While digesting and coming down from a sugar high, we went through the animation studio.
 It was pretty empty in there, unlike the rest of the park, so we let Scott out to play.
 Carpet means crawling around--his favorite--and he started walking all over the place.
 John let Scott touch the screen to find his character match and he chose the evil path.
 Helping Grandma pick her character.
 Karen sat him in this chair and waved at him.
I took a video because he looked like a little prince waving to his people.
We stayed to watch the World of Color show, which was absolutely amazing. I've been so excited to see it since we came in 2010 and saw them working on it, but it was even better than my high expectations. Then we headed back to the hotel and crashed.

1 comment:

  1. Trips to Disneyland are the best. There's a Ghirardelli there? I know what I'm eating for lunch next time we go!

    ReplyDelete