Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Painting, Painting and More Painting

Painting a house is just like painting a room, except it goes on forever. Back at the end of September we primed one of the sided walls after work until it was too dark and we had to pull the headlamps out to finish.
I primed the second wall during that week so it would be protected from moisture.
The next Saturday was conference.
The next Saturday we painted the first coat of paint on the walls. Afterward my back hurt when I moved for about a day and a half.
So the next Saturday when we painted the second coat, we asked Alan to help. They also prepped the front wall (cleaning, filling cracks, scraping off goop from the old trim, etc.) I started getting sore again and put myself on lunch duty.
Alan removed one of the bushes with his truck so we could paint behind it. Then it was time for a temple and Krispy Kreme break.
Then today, John and I primed the front wall, including the little alcove/doorway area.
Proof that I helped. It just looks like John because we're wearing the same shirts and my hair is in a chipmunk tail.
We also picked a new mailbox and spray painted it white and bought a new light for the doorway. (Also, more paint rollers and tray liners. Sorry, environment, those are not worth reusing).

So after many Saturdays of work, we feel closer. We still have two coats on the front wall to paint and a doorbell and house numbers to pick out. (Not to mention the sides and back of the house) But progress has been made!

3 comments:

  1. It's looking good. I'm sure you can' wait till its finished, though. That is a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time I get back to California, I might not even recognize your house any more. All that hard work is paying off. Your house is looking really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are making great progress. I was very happy to find out I could help by ripping out bushes with the truck.

    ReplyDelete