Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Food Storage and Fondue

Our stake has some connection with Guittard and once a year we can order chocolate through them at cost for our food storage.
Naturally, we ordered the 10 pound bar of milk dipping chocolate.
 We tried it out tonight with fondue. We brought over some dippers and Alan made the cheese sauce (from Neil and Ashley's blog)
 Then John and Alan watched the Cardinals destroy the Rangers while I finished homework and prepped the chocolate fondue. (The recipe was 8 ounces heavy whipping cream, 16 ounces chocolate and 1 tsp. vanilla. It was runny but sooo creamy and tasty.)
 Both fondues were highly edible and John's transformation into a chocolate-holic is complete.
The proof was found when he somehow fell asleep snuggling a (sealed) 48 ounce bottle of Hershey's syrup. I woke him up to ask why on earth he had it tucked in bed with him, but he couldn't remember how it got there. I think I over trained him.

5 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! That is so funny. Your fondue sounds so yummy. That chocolate bar is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheese and chocolate fondue is so yummy! I love the huge chocolate bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe John must have collapsed in a drunken chocolate stupor! I'm so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fondue was very delicious. We will have to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I recently found your blog and now I'm being a stalker going through all your old posts... and I just had to give a holla to all the chocolate love! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete