Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jewelry Craft

I saw these guys online and wanted to try something like them for my jewelry.
 I started with this Goodwill beauty and some cross stitch fabric.
 I painted the frame
 then glued and stapled the edges in the back
 I sewed some button extras I had that came with clothes. (Hopefully I don't need them one day.)
John bolted it to the wall and I added the jewelry.
I don't wear jewelry very much, but I'm hoping having it out for me to see will help remind me to put something on. Plus, it frees up some coveted dresser-top space.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I've seen the chicken wire thing before, but I like the buttons much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good idea! I've been needing a better way to store my necklaces. It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well aren't you the cleverest person I ever met!!! That is a brilliant idea. I also am forgetful when it comes to wearing jewelry. If I had it out on display, perhaps I would remember more often. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute! Nice job, don't forget the wear your jew-ry now!

    ReplyDelete