Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Delishush Chicken

Rick and Jess took us to the Cheesecake Factory before they left and John and I had the crispy chicken costoletta. It was so good he wanted to replicate it. So he did.
John here. Using my expert taste buds I tried to determine what was in the breading that cheesecake factory used. I decided it had to be garlic flavored croutons. They used really thin cuts so you get more breaded flavor with your chicken. I thought maybe they pounded the chicken flat, but after my own attempts at pounding chicken flat and seeing it fall apart, I'm thinking next time I'll just slice the chicken breasts in half like a fillet. I crushed some croutons (I like using garlic ones) into powder to coat the chicken. First I dipped the chicken in a saucer of milk to get a coating of liquid for the breading to stick to. Then coat in breading. Then fry up in pan with some oil. I squeezed some lemon over the chicken when eating it. It seemed easier than making a lemon sauce and was still really good.

3 comments:

  1. I've made something similar to this where I added garlic powder to store bought bread crumbs. This sounds pretty yummy and easy, though. Good call on the lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound pretty good. I agree on the lemons. Let us know when you are running low on lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm. This sounds yummy. I will have to try it for dinner sometime soon. Did it have some kind of lemon sauce on it when you had it at the Cheesecake factory? Dad is quite accomplished when it comes to making sauces.

    ReplyDelete