Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wilder Ranch

After I finished another beastly paper today, we celebrated with a little trip. John took me to Santa Cruz to an old ranch.
They had a place with tiny tunnels through the plants.
Tiny meaning child-sized. The opening was barely higher than my knee.
We also took advantage of this perfect climbing tree.
Then we hiked --okay, walked-- to the beach. It was a short distance and the destination was gorgeous.
John made me so nervous when he walked near to the edge. The cliff just drops right off!
The misty fog turned to a light drizzle, which did not help calm my hair one bit. We had a lovely time, though. It was nice to have some fresh air, exercise and break from school and work.
We left right after this to have dinner with Brian, Annie, Karen, and Alan before stake conference. Overall, a highly successful day.

4 comments:

  1. I love the beach. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun spot to go. I like the really cool tree. Of course te beach is always a fun place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to go to Wilder Ranch sometime. The bluffs look so beautiful and I think it would be delightful to hike along the edge of them--as long as nobody pushed me over the side! I'm so happy to live in California and have a beach close by. Good job, Becky, for talking me into moving here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ranch looks so cool. I'm going to need to go there. You guys have some great pictures at the beach. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete