Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

We hosted Thanksgiving dinner at Brian and Annie's, where we are house sitting this weekend. John made this Lego turkey for the occasion.
We were joined by Josh (who came later due to an excessive nap), my dad and sister. It was our first time making Thanksgiving dinner, made tricksy by a diabetic and vegetarian.
The children entertained themselves with compost art.Amanda made this little house. She is very creative.
Family picture 2010.
Everything turned out scrumptiously, as shown by John's food baby.
Sadly, we only made one pie this year. Quite a disappointment after the 14 John's family had last year. Happily, it was cherry cream pie and extremely delicious.
After dessert, I accidentally crashed on the couch until late at night. It was a very relaxing day and we have much to be grateful for.

3 comments:

  1. I love the lego turkey! One pie is a disappontment, but cherry cream was a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe one pie feed all those people! It looks really delicious though. I'm sure all the food was really good, as evidenced by John's food baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Lego turkey!

    I suppose if you have to choose only one pie then cherry cream is a very good choice. I really missed you guys for Thanksgiving. Next year we're going to have to do something different...

    ReplyDelete