Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Nothing Says Romance Like

the County Fair!
John took me to Santa Cruz's fair to see
The All-Alaskan Racing Pigs! Our team's pig won, too. Way to go, Yukon!
Then we saw the prize pumpkins (almost 400 pounds!)
and went to berry tasting (these kids had furry animal hats on...it wasn't super cold, so maybe they were to be able to find/see the kids easily? Or protect them from the sun??)
Also the collections were on display. John liked the Legos ones best. I thought this chess board was creative.
The Exploratorium was really neat, too. We ended up playing here for a while. This was the boat racing, where you can adjust the sail's angle to speed it up. (There were fans on the other side of the table)
Then, of course, the animals. From huge smelly cows
to cute little baby goats.
When we saw Bubba Sr. we got a little homesick and decided to head back.
Fun times!

4 comments:

  1. Fun! I like that Lego chess, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that county fairs were so much fun. Maybe I should try to going to one sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bubba senior looks just like Bubba junior. I think you haven't been feeding Bubba junior enough. Bubba junior is big, but he obviously hasn't reached his full potential. Next year, I'm going to the county fair to watch the pig races.

    ReplyDelete