Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Quiet Game

I don't think we're supposed to give primary classes treats, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Our lesson this week was on reverence, and I told them every five minutes they didn't talk out of turn they could have an m&m. I had a beanie bear I passed when they wanted to talk, which was probably as rewarding as the candy. Worked like a charm. They said they want to play again every week, but next time have marshmallows or chocolate chips. Best fifty cents I ever spent.
Here are 8 of my kids (out of 11) holding the song prompts. John substituted with me today and pointed out that the kids that can read are showing the words to the ones that can't. Irony at its finest.

1 comment:

  1. What a genius idea. I can't wait till we're in a ward with older kids. They can be rowdy, but so much fun.

    ReplyDelete