Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Solo Beach Trip

Our friends invited us on a spontaneous beach trip and John was working, but it was the last day of summer vacation. So I loaded everyone and everything and attempted my first solo beach trip with four kids.
I put Jane in some old pajamas to minimize the sand and keep her protected from the sun.
We all kept our distance, but it was still very helpful when they arrived to have an extra pair of eyes since Jane is not afraid of the water and I have a non swimmer and 2 not strong swimmers. So this is the only water picture I got before putting my phone away.
Whenever we go to the beach, I think we should go more often because they all truly love it so much. 

 Being on alert at all times and dragging Jane and our junk by myself, this time I just praised my efforts.

When they take a break from the water to go in the sand, I can breathe easy and watch them play. And pass out food. 
It was pretty chilly in the water, so I changed Jane into this dry, lovely sunsuit-looking romper that was beach perfection.
She crashed on the drive home and I took this picture of her sandy baby face.
Now time for baths, de-sanding everything, cleaning out the car, laundry, and putting away lunch and diaper bag contents. So much work after a mentally and physically demanding day, but worth it for a final summer hurrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment