Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Blue Lily in Berkeley

Saturday morning we headed up to a new park for family pictures. 

Jane was looking her darlingest.
Although she had actually fallen asleep on the drive and was a bit crabby. 
Wendy, the photographer was amazing, just like last time. She had the boys joking, playing, and laughing from a distance. We had one lady on the path chew us out for not having masks on, even though we weren't close to other people. 
After pictures we hiked a loop and were sure to put masks on whenever people passed, even though we felt it was unnecessary. The trail was more exposed than I'd prefer and it was warm.
Plus it was uphill in places and longer, so the kids took some cajoling.
We promised a cold treat and went to get gelato afterwards.
It was refreshing and delicious. Still stressful to navigate with covid (and no samples), but they had an outdoor courtyard where we could eat after I ordered for everyone.
Jane explored the area. Luckily we were the only ones around.
Nice, new shirt covered in chocolate ice cream. But pictures were over and he'll probably outgrow it before we wear dress clothes again anyway.
When we got home, I noticed familiar oily bumps around my mouth where I'd been feeling itchy. All that mask putting on and taking off spread poison oak from my hands (probably from holding the kids' hands because I won't touch their sticks anymore) to my face. Lovely. Luckily nobody else got it.
I was not looking forward to getting our pictures back as much this time because Jane was not being her smiley self and I haven't been feeling great about my appearance lately. I was doubting if it was worth the cost and hassle and poison oak. Then they came.
They turned out so beautiful and I love them.
She took a great one of each of the boys, which will be their school pictures this year.



And Jane the little troublemaker.

I love all the ones of the kids together.

This is my favorite shot from the day. The boys love Jane and it shows.










Totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed! Your photographer does a great job of getting everyone relaxed and in good mood. It's amazing that everyone is looking at the camera at the same time. You're all so photogenic. Hard to pick a favorite. The group hug and the boys running are great, as are the one of you and John and you and Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see which ones make the calendar cut this year! Good color choices and great background. So glad it's not just the boys and Jane. I think you look great.

    ReplyDelete