Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Half Moon Bay Beach Day

After I saw a friend post that she'd been at the beach in Half Moon bay, I spent the night looking up city and county rules and picking an open, unpopulated area to try.
It was worth the effort. 
Totally beautiful day 
and the cutest baby model.
I put her pjs on to keep her warm and help reduce the sand she brought home.
Perry found lots of kelp.
The water was a little mucky at this stretch of beach.
So we ventured over to the main water. Jane found some rocks to climb.
It was more populated over there, but still plenty of space to spread out. 
Or drag your brother.
I walked back over to get some lunch for me and John from Sam's Chowder House because we love that place. On the way back I could see my family playing together and it was the best feeling.
The kids were in absolute heaven. We sunscreened them twice and kept their hats and sun shirts on, but it was still a lot of sun for our pasty kids.
If it weren't the direct heat of the day we could've stayed for hours longer. They were free to run and play and be out in the fresh air and sunshine and away from people and worries.
The boys couldn't be bothered to stop for food, which is how you know they were loving life.
Best buddies.
One last wave chase session before packing up.
John went to get the van while the boys ate their packed lunch and I de-sanded as much as I could.
It's a lot of effort to take kids to the beach, especially during shelter in place, but it was absolutely worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Being able to run and play and be in the sun is a great antidote to SIP cabin fever. Great pictures. I could almost feel the ocean spray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you remember to include photos of yourself once in a while! :O)

    ReplyDelete