Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Mother's Day

Jonah asked me why we don't have kids day. I asked him what we would do differently than every other day and basically he wants a day off from chores. I did share my cherry cream pie with the kids.
I was showing him something on my phone and we started taking silly pictures together.
He is such a funny, clever boy and has really matured lately. He's perceptive and inquisitive and makes up jokes and riddles all day long.
Then I wanted a picture with each of my babies, so I pulled Scott in for a picture. He is so responsible, obedient, and capable, that I have to remind myself sometimes to let him just be eight. He is always ready for a snuggle.
Sweet Perry had the biggest adjustment with everyone being home because he was used to being my little buddy. I started doing something with just him every day like a puzzle, game, or walk and do his full bedtime routine with just us. It's made a big difference and he's back to my sweet boy again.
Finally, my sassy girl. She is the best entertainment to have when you're stuck at home for weeks on end. She keeps us on our toes. We are always happy to see her when she wakes up in the morning or after a nap, but also relieved when she gets back to sleep.
I tried to take a picture with all of us.
Then John paused his dinner preparation and helped us.
Janie loves wands.
Such a cute scrunchie face. You just want to squeeze her.
Although I loved being home with my family, it was weird for us to have Mother's Day without our own moms here. Hopefully next year we can visit people again.

No comments:

Post a Comment