Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Disneyland Girls Trip

My friend Miranda had a conference in Anaheim for work and she invited me and our friend Shannon to come stay with her. They picked me up from the airport and we got mani-pedis. Then we went in the hotel hot tub, shopped at Downtown Disney, and out to dinner at Naples. 
The hotel was pretty standard for a nice hotel, other than its proximity to Downtown Disney, little Mickey touches, and an amazing headboard. It had fireworks that lit up and played A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes. Not something I'd be willing to pay for myself, but if someone's company wants to foot the bill I'd come back any time.
Miranda brought face and hair masks, snacks and drinks, and The Greatest Showman, which made for a fun night in. She also designed t-shirts and made us coordinating ears for our day in the park. I sent John my excited face the next morning.
We tried the fast passes on our phones, which came with free pictures. Naturally, we took one together in front of the castle.
We went at a slower pace and enjoyed sitting with our meals and poking our heads in shops as we passed. So different than going as a teenager obsessed with hitting the most rides or with kids where they're the focus of the trip.
We met Moana and a few other characters that Miranda wanted signatures from on her bag.
We watched Fantasmic and the Pixar show with fireworks at the end of the day.
It was a refreshing break and really fun girls trip. I'm already hoping she has to go again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment