Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

February I

When their trees get tall, it's time for haircuts.
Getting creative with our duplo building. Jonah requested a minion.
Scott was on the floor and Jonah went in for a hug/wrestle.
Then they pulled each other around the room. Mostly Scott, because Jonah said Scott was too heavy for him. As long as they're both laughing and nobody's crying.
We all fell asleep one afternoon and Jonah came in to find Scott still napping on the couch. He stroked his face until he woke up. It's normally Scott waking up Jonah, so I think he enjoyed the role reversal.
John's new contract job has him going to Emeryville sometimes, which is a long commute. We had pizza one night while we waited for him to get home. The boys pretend raced the whole time.
One of the dads at park day entertaining 4 at once. I love having an energetic, willing parent come play so I can sit on a shady bench.
The boys waited patiently during my last doctor's appointment.
They took turns and distracted themselves. I was proud of them until I put the ipad away to go home and Jonah started screaming in the hallway. I already feel self-conscious about having a 3rd baby and those experiences don't help.
John and I went to the New York-themed stake dance one night. We were pretty tired and didn't stay long, but it was fun to see the decorations and remember our trip.
Jonah was trying unsuccessfully to get his shoe on. I told him it might be easier if he sat up. And he put his pants on himself, for the record.
That afternoon we went to free frozen yogurt day. The boys picked strawberry and chocolate with strawberries and sprinkles. 
While trying to decide what to throw together for dinner, I got a coupon text from the pizza place, so off we went.
We rented a movie with a redbox code and had dessert, dinner and a movie for $6. The boys had a picnic in the playroom, which we've never done before and they loved it.
Horsey rides.
On another date night we used our gift card to eat out. The pasta deal we usually do isn't running anymore, so we branched out and tried new meals. The Monte Cristo was a definite win.
After dinner we went to a paint night, which was my Christmas present from John. 
Neither of us is artistic, so it was fun to stretch ourselves and see what we could do. (I'm 33 weeks here.)
Scott picked Star Wars valentines for his preschool class. He wrote his name on them and I taped them to a Star Wars fruit snack.
Jonah picked Frozen valentines and drew a bunch of O's on the back. He originally wanted Mickey, but when he saw that the Elsa ones came with lollipops, there was no turning back. I was on board because they were only a dollar.
He came in using this comb and said, "I'm trying to make my hair cute. Okay my hair looks cute."
Jonah helped himself to the Scott's cantaloupe that he'd left on the table at breakfast and waltzed in my room enjoying it. I had to scoot his juicy self right back to the kitchen. 
Scott was stoked to have "taco sticks" for dinner. I guess it's been a while since I made pot stickers.
Over President's weekend, John built planter boxes for the garden we want to plant in the front yard. Scott and Jonah stood on the corner to hold it down while John drilled.
John and Alan picked up a mound of dirt and Scott played in it. He said it was cushy and warm.
Practicing singing "Little Purple Pansies" for John's Grandma's funeral. They sang it together a few times each night with the music on John's phone and loved it. I love Jonah's curly head.
While Sarah was in town we had a family dinner with Katie's family. John got to see their new house and the cousins played in their big backyard.
On President's Day we borrowed a wheelbarrow from John's parents and filled the boxes with dirt.
Taking a rest and keeping hydrated. 
This was a fun family project because the boys were actually helpful while participating and it went quickly. Hopefully as they're getting older there will be more opportunities like this.

1 comment:

  1. A+ for Scott's handwriting! And Jonah's right behind him with his Os. They both have 'cute' hair. I look forward to seeing what the third Musketeer is like!

    ReplyDelete