Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Scott in September

This month Scott went to nursery for the first official time. As long as one of us stays in the room, he likes participating.
Cool dude.
He's developed utensil skills this month. It was slow going at first.
I had surgery in the middle of the month, so we picked up some amazing Chinese food one night for dinner. Scott walked in the restaurant, went right to a table and had a seat like he owned the place. I guess he knows good food when he smells it.
I couldn't bend over for several days and Scott took advantage of it. He eventually learned how to put everything away himself and then the fun of making a mess tapered off.
It didn't show up in the picture, but Scott knocked out so hard in the car that he was drooling.
Tasting some lemon slices at lunch.
Another shenanigin day. He put all the pots and pans in the living room. My mom put them all back for me. Then we finally caved and John installed cabinet locks.
On our evening walk, he started following a kitty, or "meow" as he calls them.
We figured we'd get him used to the potty while he still loves copying what we do. When I see him ready to go I just sit him on it, then he gets an m&m. Eventually I think he'll get the hang of it.
Helping me make some thank-you cookies for our friends who watched the boys for my many doctor appointments.
Little baker.
Since we didn't have enough going on, our washer and fridge decided to have issues. After working on the washer leak, John went ahead and snaked all the drains to hopefully prevent future problems. Scott was ever helpful.
Helping me make German pancakes. When I was healing, my mom was at science camp and John's mom went out of town, so when John went back to work we had a lot of really simple meals.
My mom gave Scott a basketball hoop and balls to help get his wiggles out since I couldn't take him to the park for a few weeks.
He slam dunks and then claps for himself.
It started getting chilly in the mornings, which I love. We broke out Scott's bee slippers. Now we need to get him some winter jams, since the 18 month ones from spring are laughably small.
Looking like a big boy. In desperate need of a haircut.
We took him to the petting zoo at the library, but since Scott's hesitant/afraid around animals he stayed on the outside and just touched them through the fence. He'd barely touch their hair and pull his hand right out and laugh.
He was a little braver with the "meow" who follows us down the street on our nightly walks.
Helping John install the cabinet lock.
Talking on his calculator phone.
Using the rolling pin as a cane.
He looks like my baby again when he wears one-pieces.
Tasting his imaginary culinary creation.
Big boy all ready for church. I bought him a backpack to hold his own toys, books and snacks for sacrament meeting. It's so little, but it looks big on him.
Unfortunately, I had him in disposable dipes after Jonah was born and he leaked all through this outfit. I was home recovering from the surgery, so John was on his own with both boys and that adventure. 
Sitting in the chair like a big boy.
Helping me with dishes.
Sampling a few tomatoes while playing in the backyard.
Sweeping up after lunch.
Such a cute little guy. 
Eating his sample of strawberry frozen yogurt.
John was at a meeting and I took the boys for a walk. Scott started running through the neighbors' sprinklers and it hurt to pick him up, so I didn't stop him. He needed new jams after because he was soaked through.
I was pretty incapacitated this month, but Scott adjusted pretty well for a little guy and we managed to have some fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment