Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Getting Ready

We've been slowly but surely preparing for another baby. We picked a name, baby announcement design, and blessing outfit. We have a double stroller.
Scott waving to me instead of looking at John. He loves his baby doll, so we're hopeful he'll like his brother, too.
He likes to bring me his baby doll so they can both sit on my lap while we read. He also brings me shoes to put on the doll.
When the doll is flat, its eyes close. Scott likes to open them up. We're going to need to nip that in the bud.
Scott's been using a twin bed for several months now. He's been sleeping either 8-9 hours on his own all night or 10-11 when he wakes up once. Since he generally goes back down easily by having one of us next to him for a few minutes, I actually prefer the latter.
We pulled our baby things down from Scott's closet and he played with everything like long lost friends.
John and I have also been cooking extra and stockpiling some freezer meals for when the ward stops bringing dinners and John goes back to work. I've never done freezer meals before, so it's all experimental. The cookie dough I'm sure will turn out if it ever makes it to the oven.
I finished my paper for school, girl's camp is over, my mom's been watching Scott so we've had some fun dates, I bought a coming home outfit, some formula and diapers, the carseat base is installed and we feel more or less prepared for the baby physically. 
It's a good thing, too, because I hit 38 weeks today. I feel big, but am so much smaller than I was with Scott. I gained 52 pounds with him and so far have only hit 33 this time. I'm definitely feeling ready to be done with being pregnant, but am too anxious about labor to actually want the baby to come. He'll be here soon, though!

3 comments:

  1. Good job sleeping Scott! I love the picture of him and his baby doll in the stroller. Good call on the frozen cookie dough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that went EXTREMELY fast for me! haha! I'm so happy for you and you look beautiful as ever. Your little and big men are so blessed to have you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I'm excited to see baby #2. Scott's sleeping picture is priceless! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete