Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Book Club Treats

 Any excuse for making treats, right? I bought some votive holders on clearance at Michael's a while back for the express purpose of making dessert shooters. Tonight an opportunity presented itself.
 Graham cracker crust chillin.
3/4 cups crushed graham crackers (I crush them in a plastic bag with a rolling pin)
1/8 cup sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
 Recruited Jessica to help pipe some cheesecake filling. It seemed to be the least messy method.

8 ounces cream cheese (1 package)
1/2 cup sugar
8 ounces Cool Whip
lemon juice (I added this and it made it a little tart, which I liked. I just squeezed a lemon into the batter.)

Then I blended some strawberries and poured them on top. Maybe 6 or so for 16 cups. After it hardened a bit we layered them again.
 Added some sliced strawberries on top and voila!
 We dipped the extra strawberries in "magic shell," aka melted chocolate and butter.
Then some tomato feta rosemary Triscuit appetizers. Only because I knew Karen was coming.
Oh, yes. We read Emma. It was great. Although the snacks and socializing are 2/3 of the purpose.

4 comments:

  1. Those cheese cake things look fabulous! I want to come to your book club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be in your book club! You put out quite a spread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the treats. I got to have some of the leftover feta rosemary triscuits. They were good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shooters were amazing. I enjoyed every delectable bite of them. And the tomato, rosemary, feta, triscuit thingies are my favorite--how did you know?
    I enjoy going to book club, but I have to confess that Becky always has the best desserts when its her turn to host things.

    ReplyDelete