Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2019

A Week With Jane

Our cutie little baby in her newborn clothes.
Perry is very gentle with Jane and so far hasn't shown any jealousy or aggression. I'm sure having other adults here to give him attention is helping.
He found her fingers.
When one boy holds her, it reminds all the others that they also want a turn.
I make Jonah wait until last because he'll hold her forever.
Perry peters out after a minute or two and Scott will get bored after a while,
but Jonah will sit and hold her for 20-30 minutes, perfectly content.
I try to get a turn in once in a while, too.
Daddy gets her when she has a dirty diaper.
So relaxed
Snuggled up for a nap
She doesn't sleep very long when we put her down, but we practice occasionally.
Jane has a sleepy effect on people.
We have a hard time nursing sometimes, usually at night. But when we finally get it to work, she usually eats enough to sleep for a while, which is my favorite. I love nursing her to sleep and snuggling her instead of having to get up to make a bottle.
She loves sleeping on her daddy
The feeling is mutual.
The Ergo carrier is John's favorite. We have a new one that faces forward and has a baby insert built in and John's been itching to try it out. It totally absorbs Jane, she's so little.
Grandma getting some snuggle time.
Until Jonah saw his opportunity.
We switch off who gets to hold her while John reads their bedtime story.
She's so squishy and sweet.

Katie brought her kids over and Paige got a turn, too.
We also tried out this little bed that goes on your regular bed. It's perfect for me with my newborn anxiety., except we have a queen bed and there's basically no room to move with her in-between us. Worth it for my peace of mind, especially after she stopped breathing again the night after we brought her home. I was up most of the night checking on her or panicking so I liked having her close but not in our blankets.
I love her round, chubby face and dark hair. I know they won't last long.
My friend Nancy took us back to the hospital while John took the kids to the aquarium with his mom and Katie's family. Jane's weight was dropping and her bilirubin kept going up, so we had to take her in to get checked every other day. My mom came over when we got home and held Jane while I took a nap.
The doctor said Jane had amniotic fluid in her lungs, it had nothing to do with spitting up the formula. So he recommended we supplement as much as we could to improve her numbers before the next checkup. I knew she needed more to eat, but the nurse's warning made me nervous. So it was comforting to know we were doing the right thing.
Love those froggy legs.
Trying out a little headband. She puts her hand up against the pacifier and it helps keep it in sometimes.
If not, Perry is there to pop it back in.
He also likes rolling the blankets up when I do her laundry.
Such a sweet little angel.
She's still sleeping a lot, but has some stretches where she's awake each day and the boys love it.
Her dark eyes are getting bluer. They're still yellow, but much better than before.
New babies make your big babies look even bigger.

We're enjoying having John home with us.
I feel like she looks even cuter in real life and the pictures aren't capturing it well.
Her little hair fluff
Her perfect rosy lips.
Her long fingers and toes.
Thankfully, we asked Clare Cassidy to come take pictures for us. The boys were curious and wanted to watch.
Tuckered out from a busy morning being photographed.
I love dressing her up, but she's so cute naked, too.
Big baby yawn.
Sleepy smile.
Giving me the bird and not even stressing about it.

I tried to do a little stretching, so I put on cosmic kids yoga.
It was too uncomfortable for me, but I held Jane and enjoyed watching the kids do it.
Trying to get a picture with her while I'm still fresh from a shower.
A little less fresh, but Jane's just as sweet.
She spits up a little all the time, so I tried using the baby bandanas, but they're still too big on her.
All dressed up.
Looking like Prince John from Robin Hood.
Long dangling limbs
We went to the library across from the hospital while we waited for Jane's checkup.
It was Jane's first outing.
The boys read, played with toys, and tried a new computer game while I fed Jane and we all enjoyed the a/c.
Jane was doing much better after getting extra milk, so we didn't have to bring her back any more. She had gotten down to 6 lbs 11 ounces, but gained 2 ounces and her bilirubin started to drop when it had been going up each visit.
We were glad to be done with the hospital visits.
She's wearing a preemie outfit that was mine as a baby. I was almost 2 lbs smaller than Jane when I was born and my clothes were still so big on her.
Karen stayed with us for a week and it was so nice have the extra help. She took the boys out to expend some energy and read lots of books.
Plus she was always willing to hold the baby.
And that was our first week with four kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment