Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

June I

Post-vacation laundry. This is only 3 loads in our amazing washer and dryer.
Jonah painted himself in raspberries.
Scott found an unripe lemon in his grandparents' backyard and played with it all afternoon.
After the cruise and being sick (18 days total for him), Jonah had to transition back to better sleep habits. They rocked each other to sleep.
They brought an orange in from the backyard and were slicing it up on the floor. After cleaning up, we picked fresh ones and they chowed through 3 with breakfast.
I bought a Buzz Lightyear Lego set on a facebook swap page and thought we'd save it for when Scott was older. 
They couldn't wait. 
The deal was once it was finished, it has to stay up on his shelf so "the babies don't eat him."
Their first foray into make-up. It was actually tinted chapstick.
And it was my mom's that she left on the counter. Chapstick may be the only make-up my kids ever see in use.
We spent some afternoons helping my mom clear out and set up her classroom.
Jonah carried pillows and Scott was pushing this empty cart back to fill and gave his ball a little ride.
Fighting bubbles with lightsabers at our friend's backyard bbq.
Scott said, "Let's hold hands, Jonah, and we can go to the sidewalk."  It was really cute, but I had to explain that they have to hold hands with a tall person so they can be seen by cars.
Speaking of tall people, this baby will be caught up to Jonah in no time.
Jonah pulled the chair over to reach the high chair to eat the baby's cheerios. 
One of our neighbors gave Jonah their old Mickey reading game and he played it one night in his Mickey jamas and slippers, so I took his picture to send her a thank you.
After helping in the hot classroom, my mom usually takes us for lunch and/or shave ice.
For John's birthday, my mom babysat at lunch and I took him to Fogo de Chao for the best Brazillian food ever. Those cheesey bread puffs are going on my to-make list. Also, bacon-wrapped chicken. 
That night some family came over and we played a birthday game like apples to apples.
Karen watched two of the cousins that week and they played along with the adults. 
He opened his presents 
and blew out his Darth Vader candle.
Someone else on the swap gave me her leftover Star Wars birthday decorations, so we had signs and posters all over the house.
No birthday for John would be complete without carrot cake cupcakes.
Jonah's a fan.
After getting him ready for church, Jonah was getting into things and I put him in his crib with books so he'd be contained until Scott and I were ready.
He looked so classic. It was the last time I could squeeze him into that little outfit.
Scott picked out a chupa chup at the Spain station in our ward's around the world activity. They reminded me of childhood. Best lollipops ever.
At his friend's swim birthday party, Scott enjoyed a marshmallow that was so cute I didn't want him to eat it without a picture first.
John came to help at school one day, too, and used the cart as a double decker ride for the boys.
We went downtown for a date to a comedy show and John showed me this place and we can't wait to go back to try it out.
Scott was telling Jonah he needed to hold onto the ladybug's ears.
We learned the "Hot Dog" dance at the Disney store one morning.
They earned their own Mouse ears.
Scott was upset because they kept trying to give him Mickey ears and I told him he didn't have to wear them if he didn't want to. He turned to me and quietly said he wanted Minnie ones.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some fun pictures. Ryan and I will have to try out the Brazilian place sometime when we're down there.

    ReplyDelete