Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Scott's First Fourth

Saturday Karen told us her mom was sick and we should come visit sooner rather than later. Tuesday after John came home from work, we took off for Utah.
 We stopped in Reno for the night and Scott had his first hotel stay.
 He loved it.
 We made it to Utah Wednesday afternoon and visited with Grandma Blank. She doesn't even look sick. I think it was a ploy to get visitors and unlimited peach pie.
Regardless, we wanted Scott to meet everyone and everyone to meet Scott. All four generations together.
 At night, Mark put on a firework display in the front yard. The entire neighborhood came. Just kidding, these are seriously all family members. And I couldn't even get them all in one frame.
 You could see three big shows going on around us and then ours in the street. I've always been in San Jose, where your own fireworks are illegal, so it was really cool for me.
 Scott did not think it was as cool, but Aunt Heather shielded his eyes and ears. He thanked her by sucking on her shirt.
 While we were on our trip we used disposable diapers, so Scott had a blow out every day and did not make it very long in his patriotic outfit. 
He still had a fun holiday!

3 comments:

  1. That's fun that Scott got to go and visit so much family. Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you could set off your own fireworks in Utah. Mark's fireworks shows are legendary, I wish I had been there. Scott looks very cute in his Grandma Blank's arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott looks so tiny in the hotel bed. Just a little bitty lump in the middle. I'm glad you got pictures of him with Grandma Blank. I would like to get a copy of the four generation picture.

    ReplyDelete