Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Brother Calvert

On Friday we took dinner to the Calverts. Sister Calvert was resting, but when Bishop Calvert saw that we brought Scott, he went to get her because he knew she would want to see the baby. She tried to hold him, but he's such a chunk, so I held him while she snuggled. With her eyes closed, she just held him against her and seemed to be taking him in. It was so sweet.
 Bishop Calvert's turn was next. I love his smile.  
It's the same smile he had when holding me as a little girl. He was an extra grandpa to me growing up when my grandparents were across the country. We stayed and visited with them until their food was cold.
He passed away in his sleep the next day from heart failure. I'm so glad we were able to visit with him one last time and he could meet Scott.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to visit him one last time. I'm sure meeting Scott was a really joyous experience for both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that's kinda incredible. I love how he really does look the same in those two pictures, minus a few hairs. Scott is such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet smile & sweet couple. Ps youre adorable in that bottom picture :)

    ReplyDelete